Thursday, August 13, 2009

YouTube

I have to admit that I seldom visit YouTube. Mainly because I lack the self-control not to get sucked into a multi-hour browse with no discernible benefit. That said, I find this site is very useful when one is looking for instruction that needs a visual component. This video on the Continental method of knitting is a case in point. If one had to try to learn this technique without any visuals or with still photos it would be much more difficult and time consuming.
I can see the library using this tool in a few different ways. With permission from the authors, we could tape and post videos of their visits to the library. Also with permission, we could tape and post videos of the musical and theatrical performances that take place here for the homebound to view remotely. We could produce instructional videos such as "Using the Library website from home".


No comments:

Post a Comment