Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Facebook/LinkedIn

I have previously established accounts on both these sites. I do not use the LinkedIn site at all but I receive a weekly update on all changes to my contacts. Many of my contacts appear on both sites but maintain different types of profiles on the different sites. Facebook is mostly used for family and friends and recreational interests. They maintain a more professional face on LinkedIn.
I use Facebook as purely a social network at this point. My contacts are all personal vs. professional. Now, after reading 12 Ways to Use Facebook Professionally I am thinking about editing my settings and notifications to change the look of my page. My intention would be to limit some of the family postings and bring in a few more professional elements. Maybe link to my blog!
The library should definitely have a Facebook account. It is one more path to push our services and to receive comments and feedback. Don't we want to know who our fans are?

1 comment:

  1. What a great link. I will have to take a look at that!

    ReplyDelete