Monday, August 24, 2009

Web-based applications

I went into Google docs and made up a "Certificate of Completion" for our course in hopes that I am going to finish! The template I used was for a presentation slide so I also saved it as a PDF in order to print it. Google docs feels familiar with lots of the same functions as Windows Office apps. The sharing and publishing functions are easy but I noticed far fewer font options in the word processing app.
I am really missing the auto-fill text option while using the spread-sheet application . Going into Help to see if it is a set-up issue, I find I am not the only one looking for this and that it really is not there. So it seems there is some different functionality between Google docs apps. and Windows Office.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! The ability to embed the slides into a blog or website are very cool!

    There is less functionality, but hopefully over time, it will increase. (And can be used on mobile devices as well!)

    ReplyDelete